- 1/2 cup Quaker Oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 5/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 7 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 5/8 egg
- 7 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 5 2/3 teaspoons finely chopped blanched almonds
- 5 2/3 teaspoons chopped walnuts
1. Grind the oats in a blender or food processor until fine, like flour.
2. Combine ground oats, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
3. In another bowl combine buttermilk, oil, egg and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
4. Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients, add nuts and mix well with mixer.
5. Lightly oil a skillet or griddle, and preheat it to medium heat.
6. Ladle 1/3 cup of the batter onto the hot skillet and cook the pancakes for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until brown.
Copycat IHOP via RecipeZaar