- 2 big handfuls baby spinach, washed and dried
- 2 cans white cannellini beans (or freshly cooked equivalent)
- 2 handfuls walnuts, toasted
- a couple glugs of citrus-flavored olive oil
- a small splash of champagne vinegar
- a few pinches fine-grained sea salt
- a bit of crumbled cheese (manouri, goat cheese work nicely)
Rinse and drain the beans. If you like your bean salad on the warm side, my shortcut for heating them up is to run them under hot water (saves having to wash a pot).
In a large bowl combine the spinach, beans and walnuts. Add the olive oil, a splash of champagne vinegar, and salt. Toss gently but make sure you get everything nicely coated. Sprinkle a bit of cheese on top and enjoy.
from 101 Cookbooks