- 12 ounces green or savoy cabbage, cored and sliced thin (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 pineapple, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 3 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Combine the cabbage, pineapple, peanuts, and jalapeno in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and salt until blended. Add the dressing to the cabbage and toss to blend. Add the cilantro if using. Serve at room temperature.
Makes 4 to 6 servings
From Fresh & Fast Vegetarian