- 1/2 pound smoked or cooked turkey, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 3/8 pound green seedless grapes, stemmed
- 1/2 large cantaloupe, peeled, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery (about 2 stalks)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional -- to taste)
- pita bread
- Curly lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Combine turkey, grapes, cantaloupe, celery, green onions and raisins in large bowl. Whisk yogurt and curry powder together in small bowl. Pour yogurt mixture over salad and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Line platter with lettuce leaves. Spoon salad atop lettuce. Sprinkle almonds over salad and serve in pita pockets.
Serves 3 to 4.
adapted from Bon Appétit, August 1991 via Epicurious