- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 large poblano chiles, seeded, cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips
- 3 large yellow bell peppers, cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips
- 2 red onions, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 12 8-inch flour tortillas
Optional toppings: purchased salsas, guacamole, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, sliced green onions, and chopped serrano chiles Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Puree first 5 ingredients in processor. Season marinade with salt and pepper.
Place chicken in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Pour 1/3 cup marinade over; turn to coat. Arrange poblanos, bell peppers, and onions on large rimmed baking sheet. Pour 1/2 cup marinade over; turn to coat. Sprinkle chicken and vegetables with salt and pepper. Reserve remaining marinade.
Grill chicken until cooked through, about 7 minutes per side. Grill vegetables until tender, turning frequently, about 15 minutes for onions and 12 minutes for poblanos and bell peppers. Grill tortillas until charred, about 1 minute per side.
Transfer chicken to work surface; slice crosswise into strips. Fill tortillas with chicken and vegetables; drizzle with reserved marinade. Serve with toppings.
Bon Appétit, July 2005Makes 6 servings.