A delicious cranberry chutney with apples, oranges, golden raisins, and spices, perfect alongside pork, turkey, and chicken main dishes.
- 1 orange, peeled, tough membrane removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until cranberries are bursting. Chill until serving time; freeze surplus in small containers. Makes about about 4 cups of chutney.
adapted from Southern Food on About.com