- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups cooked great northern or navy beans
- 2 large heads escarole, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flax seed oil
- 5 dashes ume plum vinegar
In Dutch oven over medium heat, sauté garlic in olive oil until soft (about 2 minutes). Add beans and escarole and stir until escarole starts to wilt. Continue cooking 3 minutes. Remove from heat, drizzle with flax oil and vinegar and toss to combine. Sprinkle with gomasio and serve.
VARIATION To turn this dish into a rich, nondairy cream soup, add 3–4 cups vegetable stock, simmer 5 minutes, purée with handheld blender and serve.
from CLEAN FOOD