- 3/4 lb. ravioli (ideally a mix of ricotta and butternut squash)
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil,
- sea salt
- 2 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch swiss chard, deveined and cut into 1/2-inch ribbons
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup pinenuts, toasted and chopped
To caramelize the onions, heat a tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet with a pinch of salt. Cook the onions over high heat, stirring occasionally, until they turn deep brown in color.
Into a large pot of well-salted boiling water add the raviolis. After a few minutes, when the raviolis float and are cooked through, drain them and toss with one tablespoon of the olive oil. This prevents them from sticking together. Set aside.
Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, again in a big skillet over high heat. Add the raviolis. Stir in the onions, and then the chard. Wait until the chard begins to wilt, then stir in most of the cheese and most of the nuts.
Serve on a big platter garnished with chives and remaining Parmesan. Serve with sausages on the side.