Munch on these with a tall, cool drink or sprinkle over chicken salad, stir-fried green beans, or a mixed green salad.
- 2 cups (8 ounces) large pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2-3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the pecans in a large, shallow baking pan and dot with the butter. Bake until the butter just melts, about 5 minutes.
2. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the curry powder and the salt. Stir to coat.
3. Bake, stirring often, until the pecans are toasted and coated with the butter and curry, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool; store in an airtight container in a cool place.
Makes 2 cups
From Fresh & Fast by Marie Simmons