These keep very well in a ziplock bag. Serve with hummus.
- 4-6 pita breads
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Coarse salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using kitchen scissors, cut the pita breads crosswise (through the folded edge), forming 2 circles of bread from each pita.
3. Combine the oil and garlic in a small bowl. Brush the rough side of the bread lightly with the oil-and-garlic mixture. Sprinkle with salt. Stack the pitas and cut them into triangles.
4. Spread the pita triangles in a single layer on two baking sheets. Bake, rearranging the pitas so they will brown evenly, until crisp and golden, about 20 minutes.
5. Serve warm or at room temperature.
From Fresh & Fast by Marie Simmons