This colorful Asian-inspired salad is great with grilled ribs, chicken or pork chops.
Serves 4 to 6.
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 5 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 large red or yellow bell peppers, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 8 large green onions, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Whisk first 7 ingredients in small bowl to blend. (Dressing can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before continuing.)
Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
from Bon Appétit, July 1998