Jones often serves this dish at parties with basmati rice and a selection of chutneys, raisins, diced bell peppers, cucumber, tomato, pineapple, papaya, and roasted almonds. Leftovers are even better the next day.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups finely chopped peeled Golden Delicious apple (about 2)
- 2 cups finely chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 6 cups chopped cooked turkey breast (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Add apple, onion, and garlic to pan. Cover and cook 12 minutes or until onion is tender. Add curry powder, salt, and red pepper to pan. Combine milk and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk; add to pan. Stir in broth. Reduce heat, and cook 4 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Add turkey and juice to pan; cook 5 minutes or until turkey is thoroughly heated.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 cup)Nutritional Information: CALORIES 143 (21% from fat); FAT 3.4g (sat 2g,mono 0.9g,poly 0.3g); PROTEIN 18.3g; CHOLESTEROL 55mg; CALCIUM 37mg; SODIUM 316mg; FIBER 1.2g; IRON 1.2mg; CARBOHYDRATE 9.7g
from Cooking Light