- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 medium ripe pear (such as Anjou or Bartlett), roughly chopped (about 1 cup)
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter (3/4 stick), at room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger root
- 1 cup plain yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ground ginger powder in a large mixing bowl. Toss in raisins and diced pear.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in eggs and ginger root.
4. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, stirring until just combined.
5. Carefully fold in yogurt.
6. Spoon batter into greased muffin tins, about 3/4 full.
7. Bake until lightly browned, about 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. Allow muffins to cool a few minutes before serving.
Yield: 10 muffins (1 muffin per serving)