- 1 medium celeriac, peeled and sliced
- 6 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 leek or onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed with a teaspoon of salt
- brown bread crumbs, tossed with a drip of olive oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 carton double cream
- grated cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
Lay sliced potato and celeriac in a large flat dish, put a little of the salt garlic mix between each slice, pour over cream, grate cheese over and add black pepper.
For a change you can add the crispy topping - best made using onion, wholemeal or seeded bread for the crumbs whizzed in a blender.
Bake at 160 degrees C for a couple of hours under foil and then remove to crisp topping. If your in a hurry you can steam/boil celeriac and spuds first and bake for 1/2 hr in a hotter oven!
(Parsley to garnish)