- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 5 cups hot cooked wide egg noodles (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- variation: add carrots, peas
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add sage, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes or until mushrooms begin to brown. Spoon mixture into a large bowl.
Combine 1/4 cup flour and paprika in a shallow dish. Cut each chicken breast half in half lengthwise; cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips. Dredge chicken strips in flour mixture; shake off the excess flour mixture. Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Sauté 4 minutes or until chicken is done. Add chicken to mushroom mixture.
Add broth and sherry to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat to medium-low. Place sour cream in a small bowl; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon flour. Stir with a whisk until combined. Stir sour cream mixture and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt into broth mixture. Stir in chicken mixture; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Add noodles and parsley; stir well to combine.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 2/3 cups)
Nutritional Information: CALORIES 427(28% from fat); FAT 13.5g (sat 5.7g,mono 4.7g,poly 1.6g); PROTEIN 28.7g; CHOLESTEROL 101mg; CALCIUM 96mg; SODIUM 625mg; FIBER 3g; IRON 3.4mg; CARBOHYDRATE 47g
from Cooking Light