- 3 8-inch flour tortillas
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 5 large eggs, beaten until frothy
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup tomato salsa
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Brush a large baking sheet lightly with oil.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until hot enough to sizzle a piece of onion. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the curry powder. Add the eggs and cook, stirring with the flat edge of a rubber spatula, adjusting the heat as needed, until the eggs begin to set, about 2 minutes. Turn the eggs out of the skillet onto a plate.
3. Place the tortillas on a baking sheet and sprinkle half of each tortilla with 2 tablespoons of the feta. Spoon the scrambled egg mixture on top of the cheese distributing evenly. Top with a spoonful of salsa if using and a generous sprinkling of cilantro. Fold the tortillas over to make half circles. Press down lightly.
4. Bake until the tortillas are warm and beginning to color, about 3 minutes. Turn each with a wide spatula and bake 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into wedges.
Makes 3 servings
Adapted from Marie Simmons, Fresh & Fast Vegetarian