Serve these festive canapes with sparkling wine.
- 4 slices firm, dark Westphalian black bread or warm thin-sliced toast
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces thin-sliced smoked salmon
- Fresh dill sprigs, watercress leaves, or other small fresh herb or salad leaf
1. Spread the bread with a thin layer of the softened butter. Arrange the salmon over the buttered bread in a single layer, cutting the salmon to fit.
2. Cut the bread into four small squares. Garnish each with a leaf of your chosen garnish.
From Fresh & Fast by Marie Simmons