- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 link Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups couscous
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricots
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 3 links Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Bring the stock to a boil in a saucepan. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, stir in onion and sausage, and cook 4-5 minutes, browning slightly. Add the couscous, apricots and raisins and stir until well coated. Pour in the boiling chicken stock, remove from heat, cover and let stand for about 15 minutes.
In a heavy skillet over medium heat fry the whole sausages for 2-3 minutes a side until well browned, set aside.
Stir the pistachios, lemon juice and mint into the couscous and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon the couscous onto a serving platter and arrange the browned sausages on top.
Makes 4 servings
Adapted from Aidells