The sweet-spicy Pink Lady apples complement the tartness of the cherries and the vinaigrette in this slaw, which is a natural companion for pork chops or ham. Cameo, Fuji, or Gala apples will also work well.
- 1/4-1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chopped Pink Lady or other sweet apple
- 1 (12-ounce) package broccoli slaw
- 1 (3-ounce) package dried tart cherries or dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons unsalted sunflower seed kernels or pumpkin seeds
To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
To prepare slaw, combine apple, broccoli slaw, and dried cherries. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss well to combine. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds; chill for up to 3 hours.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
Nutritional Information: CALORIES 125(29% from fat); FAT 4g (sat 0.5g,mono 2.1g,poly 1.1g); PROTEIN 2.1g; CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg; CALCIUM 33mg; SODIUM 91mg; FIBER 2.7g; IRON 0.9mg; CARBOHYDRATE 24.9g
from Cooking Light via MyRecipes.com