- 1.5 - 2 lb. pork bones
- 2 quarts water (8 cups)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper (or black pepper)
- 1/4 cup cilantro roots
- 2 Tbs. fish sauce to taste
- 3/4 cup finely slivered fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup peanut oil or canola oil
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 Scallions, cut into thin rounds
- 1/2 - 1 cup short cilantro sprigs
- 1 package of Pho noodle
This broth is based on Thai Congee soup Kao Dtom Moo.
1.Place soup stock ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 45-60 minutes.
2. When stock is ready, add Fish Sauce to taste
3. Heat up the oil and put the ginger in, cooked till golden and take it out. Put chopped garlic into the same oil on high heat, cook till golden, then turn off the stove and let the garlic sit in the oil.
4. Cook the Pho as instructed (preferably al-dente), rinse in cold tap water to get the starch out and put in noodle bowl
5. Ladle the broth into the bowl
6. Add ginger, garlic with oil and green onion as desired
from Cheap Ass Food