- 4 quarts water
- 3/4 pound green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 pound carrots, cut into 3 1/2 x 1/4-inch sticks
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper strips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
Bring the water to a boil in an 8-quart stockpot. Add beans; cook for 1 minute. Add carrots; cook mixture 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; place vegetables in ice water. Let stand 1 minute or until cool; drain.
Combine sugar, vinegar, mustard, oil, and salt in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add beans, carrots, bell pepper, and onion; toss gently to coat.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
Nutritional Information: CALORIES 84(31% from fat); FAT 2.9g (sat 0.5g,mono 0.7g,poly 1.2g); PROTEIN 1.8g; CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg; CALCIUM 39mg; SODIUM 466mg; FIBER 3.4g; IRON 1.1mg; CARBOHYDRATE 14g
from Cooking Light, AUGUST 2001 via Myrecipes.com