Love the taste of fresh berries and whipped cream, but not all the calories? Fold strained vanilla yogurt into a little real whipped cream.
- 2 6-oz containers low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 pint strawberries, halved
- 1 pint blueberries
- 4 sprigs mint
1. Line colander with cheesecloth or coffee filters and set over bowl. Spread yogurt in colander and let drain in refrigerator 1 hour, or overnight.
2. Whip cream with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold yogurt into whipped cream.
3. Spoon 1/4 cup whipped cream mixture into bottom of glasses. Sprinkle berries over whipped cream mixture and repeat layering. Garnish with mint sprigs and serve.
per serving: 399 cals; 7g protein; 7g total fat; 82g carbs; 7g fiber
from Wild Oats magazine