- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- fresh lemon juice to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
For the dressing: Whisk the first 6 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Allow to rest a few hours if possible.
Combine remaining ingredients in large salad bowl. Sprinkle with feta. Pour dressing over salad. Toss well.
To accompany kebabs, or with canned tuna mixed in.
modified from Epicurious8 servings