- 1 1/3 cups juice plus 1 teaspoon zest from 4 large oranges
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon juice from a small lemon
1. In small sauce pan bring orange juice, sugar, cornstarch, and salt to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Continue to cook until sauce is thick and clear, about 1 minute.
2. Remove from heat, then stir in butter, lemon juice, and zest. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature over gingerbread squares.