- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed, quartered lengthwise, and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 3/4 pounds medium cremini or white button mushrooms, stems trimmed, caps halved (or quartered, if large)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 to 3 (about 12 ounces) arugula, stems trimmed
- 2 1/2 cups leftover Chili-Rubbed Salmon with Zucchini and Sauteed Corn*
- Baked Tortilla Strips, or store-bought tortilla chips, crumbled, for serving (optional)
- Goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
*If you don't have leftover sauteed corn, dress the salad with a simple vinaigrette.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On 2 large, rimmed baking sheets, toss together sweet potatoes, mushrooms, cumin, and oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Roast, rotating sheets halfway through, until vegetables are tender, browned, and dry, about 40 minutes. Reserve 4 cups sweet potatoes and mushrooms for next day.
2. In a large bowl, combine arugula with the sauteed corn and 6 cups of the roasted sweet potatoes and mushrooms; toss until arugula wilts slightly. Serve immediately, topped with tortilla strips and crumbled goat cheese, if desired.
from Everyday Food