- 6 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons papper
- 3 1-pound boneless sirloin steaks, 1 inch thick, trimmed of excess fat
- vegetable oil for oiling grill rack
- Blue Cheese Walnut Butter
Combine garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender and process several seconds until mixture resembles a thick paste. Pat steaks dry and rub each side with some of the garlic paste. Place steaks on a platter and let stand at cool room temperature for 30 minutes.
When ready to grill steaks, oil a grill rack and arrange 4 to 5 inches from heat source. Prepare grill for a hot fire. Grill steaks 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare (internal temp 145F). Remove and let stand for 3 minute.
Halve each steak and top each portion with some of the Blue Cheese Walnut Butter.
from The Big Book of Backyard Cooking