- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika - or add 1 teaspoon chipotle - if you prefer it hot!
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large red yam, scrubbed and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 sour cream
- Wheat tortillas or wraps
- Salsa fresca
- Sour cream
Toss the yam cubes with the smoked paprika, some salt and pepper and a little extra vegetable oil. Heat the vegetable oil over high heat and add the cumin, shaking to keep them from burning. Cook for just a few moments or until toasted and fragrant. Turn the heat to medium and add the yam. Cook, stirring, until the edges are golden and the insides are tender - about 8-10 minutes. Turn out into a bowl and set aside.
Add the beans and their juice to the skillet and heat until warmed through. Stir in the cilantro and sour cream and heat just until warm.
Pile the yams, beans, and some salsa fresca together on a burrito, roll up and eat!