Delicious on grilled beef steaks and lamb chops, or as a topping for baked potatoes.
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried, crushed rosemary
- 1/4 cup (about 1 ounce) toasted walnuts
- salt, if needed
Combine cheese, butter, parsley, and rosemary in a medium nonreactive bowl. Stir to blend well. Mix in walnuts. Taste and add salt, if needed (the blue cheese is quite salty). Can be prepared 2 days in ahead; cover and refrigerate. Bring butter to room temperature before using.
Makes 2 cups
from The Big Book of Backyard Cooking