- Grilled salmon fillet*
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes**
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced, white and light green parts
- 1 egg
- fresh lemon juice
- capers and caper juice
- salt and pepper
* I usually have about 1 1/2 cups or so, it's not the whole fillet but just a few inches left after dinner.
** You can of course use a regular potato
1. Flake salmon by breaking apart with your fingers.
2. Boil sweet potato until soft and mushable, but not falling apart. Rinse with cold water.
3. When potato is cool, add to salmon and mix together until incorporated.
4. Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, approx. a teaspoon of caper juice, and a teaspoon of capers, salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
5. Add one egg and mix everything together.
6. Form mixture into cakes, it will be a little loose so handle carefully.
7. Heat skillet with some butter.
8. When pan is hot, coat both sides of cakes with breadcrumbs and place in pan. Cook until browned and firm.
Serve with a side of mayonnaise mixed with a little lemon juice, capers, and caper juice.