- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 4 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 1-pound boneless sirloin steaks, 1 inch thick, trimmed of excess fat
- Red and Yellow Pepper Relish
Combine 1/3 cup of olive oil, garlic, thyme, and rosemary in a food processor or blender and process, pulsing several times, until garlic and herbs are finely minced. Brush this mixture on both sides of each steak. Salt and pepper steaks and let stand at cool room temperature 15 to 20 minutes.
Oil a grill rack and arrange 4 to 5 inches from heat source. Prepare grill for hot fire (high temperature). Grill steaks 4 to 6 minutes per side until rosy-pink inside for medium rare. (Internal temp should be 145F). Halve each steak and top with relish.
from The Big Book of Backyard Cooking