- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 medium cloves of garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chile garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into tenders
- 1 tablespoon table salt
- 1/2 pound dried Asian noodle
- 2 carrots, julienned
- snow peas or sugar snaps
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
1. Bring 6 quarts water to boil in stockpot over high heat.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in saute pan or wok. Stir-fry chicken breasts until lightly browned, 4 to 8 minutes. Transfer to cutting board and let rest 5 minutes. Using 2 forks, shred chicken into bite-size pieces and set aside.
3. Mix peanut butter, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, hot sauce, and sugar until smooth.
4. Steam vegetables.
5. Using same water, prepare noodles following package directions.
6. Mix vegetables and chicken with sauce in saute pan until heated through. Reduce sauce a bit if necessary. Add noodles and toss thoroughly to combine.
adapted from Cooks Illustrated