- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup carrot juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Place raisins in small bowl. Toast coriander and cumin in small skillet over medium heat until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer spices to bowl with raisins. Wipe out skillet; add carrot juice to skillet and simmer over medium heat until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 6 minutes. Pour carrot juice over raisins; cool to room temperature.
2. Process carrot juice/raisin mixture, vinegar, cilantro, yogurt, honey, pepper flakes, and salt in blender until thoroughly combined. With machine running, gradually add oil, scraping down jar as needed. (Can be refrigerated up to 1 week.)
Mellow greens, such as leaf lettuces, as well as spinach, pair nicely with this vinaigrette. Olives, shredded carrots, and golden raisins are good garnish options. Use about 2 tablespoons of this dressing per quart of greens, serving two.
from Cooks Illustrated
Yield: makes 1 cup