- 8 slices bacon (8 ounces)
- 4 turkey cutlets (4 ounces each)
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno chiles
- 12 slices whole-wheat sandwich bread, lightly toasted
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
1. Working in two batches if necessary, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp, 6 to 8 minutes per side; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons rendered fat from skillet.
2. Season turkey generously with salt and pepper, Add to skillet, and cook over medium heat until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
3. In a small bowl, mash avocado, lime juice, and chiles with a fork; season with salt and pepper.
4. Spread avocado mixture on one side of each slice of toast. Layer turkey, bacon, tomato, and toast to form four triple-decker sandwiches. To serve, skewer with toothpicks; slice in half with a serrated knife.
per serving: 553 calories; 17.4 grams fat; 45.2 grams protein; 51.2 grams carbohydrates; 8.7 grams fiber
from Everyday Food
Yield: 4 servings