- 1/2 small head white cabbage
- 1/2 cup cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 8 ounces smoked fish (trout, salmon, finnan haddie, sturgeon, sable), bones removed, broken into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Quarter cabbage and remove center core; cut into 1/2" strips. Cook cabbage 10 minutes. Drain well and pat dry.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add cabbage and cook, 2 minutes; stir gently to coat in butter. Pour in cream; add black pepper and lemon rind. Cook 5 minutes, until cabbage is tender.
3. Add smoked fish to skillet, gently fold in with a rubber spatula. Cook 3 minutes over low heat. Melt remaining butter in a small, microwave-safe cup. Drizzle over fish. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon slices.
nutrition per serving: Carbohydrates: 3 grams, Net Carbs: 2 grams, Fiber: 1 grams, Protein: 9 grams, Calories: 141
from Atkins for Life
Yield: 8 appetizer servings