- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup fruity olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 scallions, trimmed and minced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
1. Cut the carrots by hand or with a mandoline into thin julienne strips 2 to 2 1/2 inches long. Blanch the carrots in a large pot of boiling water until just barely tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
2. Whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Gradually whisk in the olive oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss the warm carrots with the dressing and mix in the scallions and parsley. Transfer to a serving bowl. The salad may be served slightly warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Makes 6 servings
from Cold Weather Cooking