- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sliced stemmed fresh shiitake mushrooms (about 2 ounces)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 8 cups coarsely chopped trimmed escarole (about 1 large bunch)
- 2 cups medium pasta shells (about 5 ounces)
- 2 cups 3/4-inch pieces skinless roasted chicken
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in large deep nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute until tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and crushed red pepper and stir 1 minute. Add broth and bring to boil. Stir in escarole; cover and cook 5 minutes. Uncover and cook until escarole is tender, stirring often, about 3 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain; return to pot. Add escarole mixture, chicken, and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir over medium heat until chicken is heated through, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl; sprinkle with cheese.
Per serving: calories, 385; total fat, 13 g; saturated fat, 3 g; cholesterol, 61 mg
Yield: 4 servings