- 1 6-ounce package soba noodles or other thin noodles
- 1/2 pound 1/3-inch-thick boneless center-cut pork chops, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced small radishes
- optional: add finely minced garlic and ginger, and broccoli
Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until almost tender but still firm to bite. Drain well, then return to pot.
Meanwhile, sprinkle pork with salt, pepper, and five-spice powder. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium skillet over high heat. Add pork and stir-fry until cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil, soy sauce, and vinegar; stir 30 seconds.
Add pork, green onions, and radishes to noodles and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with: Spinach salad topped with toasted almonds, and sesame breadsticks.
Yield: 2 servings