- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- 12 ounces dried fettuccine
- 8 ounces small sugar snap peas (about 2 cups), strings removed
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions (about 5)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
Boil wine in medium saucepan until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 8 minutes. Remove wine from heat and whisk in creme fraiche.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until almost tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Add sugar snap peas or edamame to same pot and cook until peas are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain pasta and peas, then return to pot.
Pour creme fraiche mixture over pasta and peas. Add green onions, parsley, and thyme; toss to coat. Add salmon; toss again. Season pasta with salt and pepper. Divide pasta among plates and serve.
Yield: 4-6 servings