- 3 tablespoons minced shallots (2 shallots)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- mixed mesclun greens, 1 to 1 1/2 cups per person
1. To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the shallots, vinegars, mustard and salt in a small bowl. Whisk in the oil. Use immediately or store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Shake or whisk again before using.
2. Wash and dry the greens, and place in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with just enough dressing to coat the leaves, toss gently, and serve.
from Dishing Up Maine