- 1 medium jicama (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch matchsticks (makes about 3 cups)
- 1/2 English (seedless) cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch-thick matchsticks
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a large bowl, combine jicama, cucumber, radishes, onion, and cilantro. Toss to combine.
In a small bowl whisk together orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, and salt. Pour over jicama mixture and toss. Serve immediately or cover with plastic and refrigerate up to 2 days.
per serving: 79 calories, 2 g fat, 13 g carbs (7 g net carbs), 6 g protein, 6 g fiber
from Shape Magazine
Yield: 4 servings