Transform cooked turkey into something spicy and special in next to no time, with this recipe for turkey curry from Manju Mahli.
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 450g roast turkey, chopped into 2 cm pieces
- 1 tsp grated root ginger
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- small bunch cilantro, chopped
- steamed cauliflower
- peas, shelled
- golden raisins, plumped
1. Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Fry for 6-7 minutes till the onion is lightly browned.
2. In a small bowl, mix the tomato puree with the remaining oil, cumin, coriander, turmeric, chilli powder, garam masala and salt to form a thick paste. Tip the paste into the onion mixture and fry for half a minute.
3. Stir in the turkey pieces and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add 400ml of hot water from the kettle and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Mix in the ginger, cauliflower, peas, raisins, and the lemon juice.
5. Garnish with cilantro and serve with plain basmati rice.
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
from UKTV by Manju Malhi from Great Food Bites