- 20 ounces whole almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon mixed pepper seasoning, such as a Cajun blend (or: 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon each cayenne and white pepper)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 8 ounces dried sweetened cranberries
1. Preheat the over to 350F.
2. On a large, rimmed baking sheet, toss together the almonds, butter, sugar, and pepper and spread in an even layer. Roast in the over, stirring several times, until the nuts are one shade darker, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the salt.
3. When the nuts are cool, toss them in a large bowl with the cranberries.
4. Store in airtight containers for about a week at room temperature, or freeze for up to 3 weeks.
from Dishing Up Maine
Yield: 4 cups (about 16 servings)