- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten with 2 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
1. Heat oven to 350F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a 12-inch nonstick oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Cook zucchini 10 minutes, turning slices as they brown. Add scallions; sprinked with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and crushed red pepper. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, until zucchini is golden and tender; transfer to a bowl. Wipe down skillet.
2. Heat broiler with rack in upper level (but not the closest to heat source). Whisk eggs, water, goat cheese, basil, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat; add egg mixture and cook 1 1/2 minutes to set bottom. Spoon zucchini mixture venely over top; reduce heat to medium-low and cover, and cook 5 to 6 minutes until edge is set and puffed. Uncover, transfer to broiler, and broil 1 to 1 /2 just until top is set and lightly golden. Cut into four wedges. Serve immediately.
Nutrition info (per serving): 5.5 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams net carbs, 1.5 grams fiber, 19 grams protein, 23.5 grams fat, 310 calories
from Atkins for Life
Yield: 4 servings