- 1 lb penne rigate
- 3/4 lb sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 (1/2-lb) whole smoked trout, head, skin, bones, and tail discarded and flesh coarsely flaked
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water 2 minutes less than package instructions indicate, then add sugar snaps and cook until sugar snaps are tender, about 2 minutes more. Reserve 1/4 cup cooking water, then drain pasta and sugar snaps in a colander and return to pot.
Boil cream in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart heavy saucepan, uncovered, 2 minutes, then add to pasta along with trout, zest, reserved cooking water, dill, salt, and pepper and toss until combined.
Yield: 4 servings