- 1/2 cup whole-grain pastry flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup currants
1. Heat oven to 375F. Line a 12-compartment muffin pan with cupcake liners. Whisk together pastry flour, whole-wheat flour, sugar substitute, and baking soda. In a large measuring cup, mix cream, oil, and egg.
2. Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture, stir just to combine. Stir in carrots and currants.
3. Pour batter into muffin pan. Bake about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let rest 5 minutes, turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
Nutrition info (per serving): 13.5 grams carbohydrates, 11.5 grams net carbs, 2 grams fiber, 3 grams protein, 12.5 grams fat, 172 calories
from Atkins for Life
Yield: 12 servings